Types of data we collect
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are designed by:
– third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
– third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Ben’s Farm Shop Ltd
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to site navigation and products.
2. For Ben’s Farm Shop Ltd to market to you, such as our monthly newsletter. We promise never to bombard you with marketing material.
3. To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable us to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff that we think you’ll be interested in; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; and we may check once in a while that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your Data
Rest assured that we will never share any of your personal data with any third parties or associates.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer at email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was reviewed on 28th October 2020 and will be reviewed annually.