Summary and purpose
Ben’s Farm Shops is the product of Ben Watson’s enthusiasm for great food. He started developing his skills in butchery, curing hams and bacon and making pies and sausages from pigs raised on the family’s Riverford Farm in 1984. From a converted garage and farm gate sales the business has grown to four thriving farm shops and a production kitchen. The shops offer a wide range of groceries as well as products from our kitchen, and have built our justifiable reputation for being the “real thing”. The name of the business changed from Riverford Farm Shops to Ben’s Farm Shop in 2016 but the ethos and founding principles remain the same.
Ben’s Wine & Tapas is an extension of this ethos and reflects Ben’s passion for, and knowledge of, interesting and ethically produced wines which are showcased alongside tapas.
Assistant Manager at Ben’s Wine & Tapas, Totnes
Ben’s Wine & Tapas is all about our own take on tapas-style dining with our own twist, using a carefully chosen mix of local and authentic ingredients from trusted suppliers who share our ethos.
Our aim is to create a welcoming, enjoyable venue where customers can enjoy small plates or sharing platters of food and a glass or two of great wine.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day smooth and efficient running of the bar whilst the Manager is away, and will provide support and back-up. This is a hands-on role and duties will include running the front of house service, with a focus on fantastic customer service, as well as staff management, overseeing the kitchen, ordering stock, taking bookings, basic admin tasks and making sure the bar is always looking attractive, clean and inviting. In addition to food and wine at the bar, we also sell wine by the bottle, so a genuine passion for wine and the ability to talk engagingly and knowledgably to customers is a given.
- Previous experience of a management or supervisory role in a restaurant, café, bistro or similar
- Experienced in delivering excellent, professional and engaging customer service, and ensuring the rest of the team does the same.
- Flexible approach to work and hours
- Able to communicate at an intermediate level in spoken and written English
- IT literate – able to use an electronic system to make orders, keep records etc
- Able to work well under pressure and make sound decisions with minimal supervision when required.
- Friendly, pleasant and outgoing personality who is able to effectively supervise a small team
For further details, an informal chat about the role or to apply: call Tracy on 07715 027 335 or email your CV to email@example.com